Queen Bee Marking Cage, Soft Foam Plunge
& Bee Family Car Stickers
by Buzz Beekeeping Supplies
- QUEEN MARKING CAGE – Our professional queen marking tube includes a plunger with a soft sponge to enable you to gently guide your queen bee into position for marking. The cage has a honeycomb at the top, so that may mark your queen easily.
- EASY TO USE – Our queen bee marking tool makes it easy to mark your queens. Simply put the queen in the queen tube, move up the soft foam plunger and mark the queen.
- DURABLE – Our heavy-duty queen bee marking tube is designed for both the beginner and professional beekeeper. It easily fits into the pocket of your bee suit.
- BEE FAMILY CAR STICKERS – High-Quality 3M Vinyl Stickers – UV and Water Resistant
It is standard practice for beekeepers to mark the queen with a small spot of paint on her thorax (back). The color code below is used to indicate the year in which the queen was introduced to the colony.
International Queen Bee Marking Colors:
- Years ending in 1 or 6 – White
- Years ending in 2 or 7 – Yellow
- Years ending in 3 or 8 – Red
- Years ending in 4 or 9 – Green
- Years ending in 5 or 0 – Blue
Directions: Simply nudge the queen into the marking cage and gently move the plunger. Apply a small drop of paint to her back (thorax). Give a few minutes to dry, and introduce the queen back to the colony.
Caution: DO NOT apply too much paint on the queen bee – you may drown her.
Marking Pens not included.